Beliefs and Values
Our primary goal is to help residents grow in their Christian faith through Bible study, retreats, and mission trip opportunities. But more importantly, residents are encouraged to challenge and encourage each other to live out their faith in everything they do and say. Residents pray for one another and challenge each other through positive peer pressure to walk in the righteousness of God, which is demonstrated through the Godly character traits such as purity, honesty, and generosity.
To provide a Godly atmosphere on the campus that is conducive to Christian growth.
To provide opportunities for the physical development of each student through athletic programs and facilities for recreational activities.
To offer a well-rounded program of studies that meets the needs of our students and that will inspire in them a desire and ability to learn throughout the rest of their lives.
To provide our students with an environment which fosters a sense of well-being and to offer ongoing support for those who are troubled by personal, spiritual and academic challenges.
To establish a structured schedule that allows sufficient time for study, athletics, recreation, personal development, meditation and rest.
To maintain a program that promotes organization, discipline, physical fitness, leadership and decorum.
To provide special emphasis on study skills and discipline, reading, and time management.
To provide challenging and stimulating opportunities to learn trades, care for animals, and gain new experiences outside of the classroom.
To support the development and growth of creative abilities through individual and group endeavors in sports, drama, music, speaking, and service opportunities.
To help our students develop their potential and gain self-confidence through appropriate recognition of their successes and milestones.
Our Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE…There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- WE BELIEVE…In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- WE BELIEVE…though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- WE BELIEVE…Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God through ‘Salvation’ (trusting Christ, through faith and repentance, to be our personal Savior).
- WE BELIEVE… in Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and Holy Communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- WE BELIEVE…that the gifts of the spirit are still in operation today.
- WE BELIEVE …Treasure Coast Boys Academy, as a para-church organization, is responsible to the great commission to save the lost, make disciples, and send them out.
A Word About Corrective Discipline:
Discipline at Vero Beach is principle-minded and designed to teach a lesson, not to punish. We do not participate in any form of corporal punishment or withholding food allowances. Typical disciplinary tactics include the loss of some privileges or the addition of chores, or both.
- We PLEDGE to serve every student with Christ-like compassion, respect and guidance.
- We COMMIT to address the needs of each student and to assist them in the development of Godly character.
- We DEDICATE ourselves to mentor and to nurture meaningful relationships, inspiring hope for the future.
Our Core Values:
- Courageous Leadership – People of the Arena
- Continuous Improvement – People of the Second Mile
- Contagious Attitude – People of Optimism and Belief