Outdoor & Adventure Activities
Treasure Coast features a well-equipped gym with weight machines, soccer field, baseball diamond, basketball court, pool, fishing ponds and horseback riding. We take pride in forming strong relationships with each boy in our care and much of the life-changing experiences take place while involved in these outdoor activities.
Each student at Treasure Coast has an exciting opportunity to regularly spend time in the wilderness and on the many local waterways and the nearby Atlantic ocean. Boys enjoy horseback riding, whitewater rafting, hiking, fishing, exploring, and many other wilderness adventures. While they experience fun in the wilderness, our team of counselors and mentors work on their thinking and behaviors. For boys who once had no hope for their own future, this experience is to show them that life can be exciting and adventurous without drugs, alcohol, electronic war games and the other negative influences that were part of their lives in the past.
Lives are transformed by the power of God that is stronger than the bonds of rebellion or addiction. We help the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational challenges to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: The student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of the past is necessary. Bible studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: We have developed a curriculum specifically designed to teach students about God and help them develop the skills required for them to become successful Christians.