Outdoor & Adventure Activities
Treasure Coast features a well-equipped gym with weight machines, soccer field, kickball field, basketball court, pool, fishing ponds and horseback riding. We take pride in forming strong relationships with each boy in our care and much of the life-changing experiences take place while involved in these outdoor activities.
Each student at Treasure Coast has an exciting opportunity to regularly spend time at the beach. They also have ample opportunities for activity incentives such as making A & AB Honor Roll, “C” school average, Student of the Month, and maintaining good behavior. Boys enjoy horseback riding, camping, fishing, exploring, and many other wilderness adventures. While they experience fun in the wilderness, our team of counselors and staff work on their thinking and behaviors. For boys who once had no hope for their own future, this experience is to show them that life can be exciting and adventurous without drugs, alcohol, electronic war games and the other negative influences that were part of their lives in the past.
See also our Adventure Trips
Each year, Treasure Coast Academy students have the opportunity to join over 65,000 students from all over the country to participate in district and national Fine Arts Festivals. Students may enter as many as 66 categories offered in 8 main divisions: Art, Communication, Dance, Drama, Exhibition, Instrumental, Vocal, and Writing. This is a great opportunity for students to exhibit their talent and have some healthy competition!
Treasure Coast Academy loves partnering with local community outreaches and nonprofits to give the students opportunity to serve others. These moments and opportunities open the eyes of our students as they see the needs of local underprivileged children, homelessness, and the elderly. TCBA boys will develop a sense of gratitude and pride for serving and contributing to society.
Treasure Coast Academy believes that every individual has the capacity to lead and influence. Every student has the opportunity to sign up for leadership in their 5th month while enrolled at TCBA. Leadership students have the opportunity to participate in leadership meetings, community service, and fun leadership outings. This also gives students opportunity to be mentored by other staff leaders on campus and learn the difficulties associated with authority and leadership. The student leadership program encourages students to become a respected leader and not a follower of others’ lead.
Lives are transformed by the power of God that is stronger than the bonds of rebellion or addiction. We help the total person with spiritual, emotional, physical, social and educational challenges to prepare them for their new life.
- Spiritually: The student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of the past is necessary. Bible studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: We have developed a curriculum specifically designed to teach students about God and help them develop the skills required for them to become successful Christians.