Treasure Coast Academy emphasizes individualized learning
School here is year-round, which allows students to achieve phenomenal progress towards high school completion and beyond. Our partnership with Edgenuity produces an educational atmosphere that spurs a desire to succeed, which gains momentum and encourages the student to reach their full potential.
We use a fully accredited online middle and high school curriculum, expertly taught online by Edgenuity and facilitated by our own classroom teachers. Edgenuity is certified by COGNIA, the highest accrediting body for schools in the United States. Our commitment to quality education is a top priority.
Professional transcripts and progress reports are maintained and available upon graduation from this Teen Challenge program.
Accreditation and Dual Enrollment — Students at Teen Challenge’s private Christian School are simultaneously enrolled in Edgenuity’s Online school. Edgenuity is fully accredited by Cognia, the world’s largest educational community with over 27,000 public and private schools. It gives students courses through an accredited program which will help them transfer credits, apply for federal grants, and pursue admission to colleges or universities while still being enrolled at Teen Challenge’s private Christian School. The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) has also approved the Edgenuity instructional model and curriculum for online instruction of student athletes.
Edgenuity Virtual Academy is a leading provider of online curriculum and instructional services. It is in use by more than 20,000 schools, including 20 of the 25 largest school districts, to meet academic goals and improve student outcomes.
While the Edgenuity program is intuitive and self-paced, our own certified classroom teachers make sure that our students keep up their coursework, offer tutoring, answer any questions, and give each student plenty of encouragement. Our teachers and parents as well are able to see at a glance how well each student is doing, through the online Edgenuity portal. Students who fail to keep up or are having difficulty with a certain topic are specifically helped, but if they are just dragging their feet out of rebellion, they may lose out on some privileges like outings and fun times until they choose to get caught up.
- Multi Award-winning platforms for virtual learning.
- Fully accredited by COGNIA (formerly known as AdvancEd).
- Three levels of Internet filtering/monitoring for a safe & secure online learning experience.
- Flexible course options.
- College courses available for those that graduate HS while in the program.
Our math subjects are enhanced by IXL.com which provides grade-level practice problems per math concept that ensures a student’s mathematical confidence.
TCBA also uses others tools such as Reading Plus, which has been shown to improve the reading level of a high school student. 95% of our graduates attain university reading level, showing a dramatic change in their comprehension abilities.
Edgenuity Makes Learning Easy for All Students
- On-screen teachers model problem solving by thinking aloud, allowing students to understand how experts think about mathematics.
- Lessons include a guiding question to promote inquiry and focus on big ideas.
- Students read and write, explore and create, practice, predict, and more in order to develop the analytical and critical thinking skills they need to succeed both now and in the future.
- An abundance of rich graphics, charts, diagrams, animations, and simulations help students relate to and visualize the content. Our full suite of learning tools, including read aloud, text translation, and Guided Notes in select core courses, helps students access content, organize information, and complete assignments.
- A variety of assessments test for mastery and immediately provide direct, actionable feedback so students can monitor their own progress and teachers can step in to provide additional help when needed. Pretests assess students’ strengths and weaknesses, and help build an individualized content review program so students only receive instruction and practice on skills they have yet to master.
- Performance tasks allow students to demonstrate understanding with meaningful, real-world applications.
- Students can access data to monitor their own understanding and stay on track, and educators receive real-time data and reports to monitor students’ progress and performance.
Academic Resources Provided
Courses include text-based lessons, assignments, quizzes, and tests that engage students while they learn. Optional external web links, interactive learning games, audio and video clips, and off-computer assignments help students develop the skills necessary for academic success in a media-rich environment. TCBA offers an additional program for math subjects called IXL.com. IXL enables student’s ability to practice concepts they learn in their math courses in order to ensure a student’s mathematical confidence.
Once a student graduates high school, they immediately transition into general education courses with Indian River State College online. Students have the ability to keep a collegiate pace while attending TCBA. This offers opportunity to students who have graduated to continue to move forward in academic excellence while they are enrolled with TCBA.
11th and 12th grade students are given opportunity to sign up for SAT prep courses two months in advance of the test date. This preparation will teach them test taking skills, critical thinking, and broaden their vocabulary base. With this preparation, these students are ready to take on the SAT test with confidence to perform at maximum potentials, which is necessary for college entrance.